There are different health-related programs that can help in recovering from Hammer toe surgery. Proper researches need to be made so that the best recovery tips can be known and these tips can be practiced with ease.
Special recovery tips after the surgery of hammer toes
There are some specific recovery tips that are often recommended by toe surgeon immediately after Hammer Toe Surgery. Few commonest recovery tips are as follows:-
• Healing time is usually estimated for almost 6 weeks and you should take proper rest throughout this whole period so that surgical injuries can be completely healed up.
• Proper toe postures should be maintained in accordance with the surgeon guidelines so that you do not face any trouble in walking.
• You should not move your toe for few days immediately after surgery and you can also appoint any nurse for proper medical care at home.
• You should keep the number of your surgeon closer so that you can contact him at the time of emergencies.
• Surgery vitamins are very much useful s they help in boosting-up the recovery procedure to a great extent. These vitamins make addition of greater nutritional elements to your diet as a result of which healthy feet can be facilitated.
• You can also start taking a healthy diet along with some nutritional supplements as per the directions of your surgeon. This diet should include fresh vegetables and green fruits for getting grater heath. On the other hand, water consumption should be increased to some extent.
• There are some typical types of foot exercises that are usually recommended by the surgeons for inviting quickest recovery after the surgery of hammer toes.
• You have to take prescribed medicines so that you can get relief from your pains. These medicines are to be maintained for some days in order to get complete freedom from after-surgery complications especially swelling, pains or other irritations.
• Specially created medicated wraps can be used so that your foot and toes can be fully covered. In this way, unwanted injuries or external damages can be easily prevented. These wraps are highly facilitating in reducing the swelling of the toes.
• Elastic based compressive dressing can be used for wrapping purpose and this is one of the most efficient options.
• Easy passage can be facilitated by means of using those furniture items that can support your feet. In this case, you can use cushioned pillows for making your feet supported especially at the time of sitting on sofa or bed.
• Shower protectors can be purchased for keeping bandages dry and if the bandages are kept dry then only you will face lower irritations in your feet.
• Ice packs can be used on a frequent note and these packs are to be kept over targeted areas for keeping the areas calm and soothing.
• Practice using crutches can be treated as one of the best ideas for keeping your feet more active and damage-free.